The Leawood Estates Homes Association contracts with a private contractor for trash, yard waste, and recycling. We have contracted with Green For Life Environmental (GFL) for this service to each household. Note that while GFL is our current provider, you may still have containers from previous providers.
Green For Life Environmental
22820 S State Route 291
Harrisonville, Missouri 64701
IMPORTANT NOTE: GFL now limits the amount of trash that each home can have each week. If you require more than will fit in the provided polycart, you will need to purchase stickers ($2.00/bag). Stickers for additional trash bags may be purchased at the Customer Service Desk at the Hen House in Corinth Square (83rd & Mission) and Camelot Court (Roe Ave. & Town Center Dr.).
GFL observes 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year's Day as holidays and pick-up will be delayed by one day if regular collection falls on one of those days. If one of these holidays falls on the weekend there will be no delay in service.
Trash, yard waste for composting and recycling materials will be picked up on the same day each week. All materials should be placed and ready for collection by 6:30 am on your collection day.
MONDAY COLLECTION - For those living North of 95th Street
TUESDAY COLLECTION - For those living South of 95th Street
Trash & Recycling Containers
Each home was provided two 65 gallon containers: one for trash (black lid) and the other for recycling (blue lid).
ALL POLYCARTS AND CANS MUST BE STORED IN GARAGES OR ENCLOSED AREAS OUT OF SIGHT.
The recycling polycart is marked indicating the items that may be recycled.
Please note the city of Leawood has ordinances regarding trash containers and storage:
Containers shall be placed at the curb no earlier than 6:00pm the evening preceding trash collection, and shall be removed from the curb and stored in compliance with the city no later than 8:00pm the day of collection. Trash and recycling containers shall be stored inside a garage or structure, provided, however, that such containers may be stored outside of a structure in compliance with the following:
- Containers shall not be stored in the front yard and must be stored in the side or rear yard
- Containers must be setback a minimum of 10' from all property lines
- Containers must be stored within 5' of the primary residential structure
- Containers must be stored on a concrete pad or pavers or similar hard surface
- Total square area for all containers shall not exceed 40 square feet
- Containers must be screened from view on at least 3 sides to include screening from the public right-of-way and screening from the closest neighboring property. Screening shall comply with the following:
- Screening shall be installed within 5' of the containers
- Screening shall substantially screen the containers
- Permitted screen materials shall include a fence or wall a maximum of 4' tall in height that meets all of the requirements of Section 16-4-9 of the Leawood Development Ordinance
- Any wall used for screening the container storage area shall be constructed of a material compatible with the materials comprising the primary residential structure on the lot on which the container storage is located
||6-pack plastic beverage holders
Cardboard (excluding heavy cardboard)
|Used paper plates & pizza boxes
|Tin and aluminum cans
||Cereal or cake box liner bags
|Recyclable plastic labeled #1-7
Note: Cardboard items too large to fit into recycling containers must be flattened and placed adjacent to the recycling bin provided by GFL. Co-mingled recyclable materials should be placed loose, clean and dry in containers, and items must not be bagged.
Yard Waste Service
It’s estimated that the Leawood Estates Homes Association produces over 450 tons of yard waste and leaves each year. We are proud to offer a full composting service for yard waste. This service will help prevent filling landfills with leaves and compostable materials.
Yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, sticks/twigs) will be collected all year on the same day as trash and recycling collection. You may leave up to ten bags or bundles at the curb. Please place the yard waste on the opposite side of the driveway from the trash for easy collection.
All yard waste must be placed in paper bags. Plastic bags are not permitted. Containers may be used if marked “yard waste”.
Sticks/twigs and small limbs (less than 4 inches in diameter) must be tied in bundles no larger than 24 inches in diameter and 5 feet in length with a maximum weight of 40 pounds.
Bulk Item Pickup
GFL will collect one large item per month from all eligible Association households. Bulk items include such household items as that can be readily moved by two people, including mattresses, couches, box springs, chairs, dressers, desks, doors, windows and other household furniture excluding appliances. Bulk items will be collected on the first service day of each month. Please contact GFL Evironmental at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled collection day to notify them that you will be placing a large item at the curb for pick-up.
Please remember large appliances (dishwashers, washers, dryers or water heaters) are NOT included in the monthly bulk items. These items can be collected for an additional fee on a date of your choice. Call GFL Environmental (816) 380-5595 for details.