Waste Corporation of America / Town & Country Disposal
22820 S State Route 291
Harrisonville, Missouri 64701
IMPORTANT NOTE: WCA now limits the amount of trash and recycling that each home can have each week. If you require more than will fit in the provided polycart you will need to purchase stickers ($1.25/bag). Stickers for additional trash bags may be purchased at the Customer Service Desk at Hen House in Corinth Square - 83rd & Mission.
Trash & Recycling Collection
The Leawood Estates Homes Association contracts with a private contractor for trash, yard waste and recycling. We have contracted with Waste Corporation of America (WCA) 816-380-5595 for this service to each household.
WCA observes Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year's Day as holidays and pick-up will be delayed by one day if regular collection falls on one of those days.
Trash, yard waste for composting and recycling materials will be picked up on the same day each week.
All materials should be placed and ready for collection by 6:30 am on your collection day.
MONDAY COLLECTION –Zone IV
For those living North of 95th Street each Monday is designated as collection day. (Zone IV)
TUESDAY COLLECTION- Zones I, II, III
For those residing South of 95th from Stateline Road to Interstate 435 (Zones I, II, III) Tuesday is designated as collection day.
Trash & Recycling Containers
- Each home was provided two 65 gallon containers: one for trash (black lid) and the other for recycling (blue lid).
- ALL POLYCARTS AND CANS MUST BE STORED IN GARAGES OR ENCLOSED AREAS OUT OF SIGHT.
- The recycling polycart is marked indicating the items that may be recycled.
- If you need more information about what recycling is acceptable you may visit www.wcawaste.com/customer-support-results/state/mo
- Please have your trash and recycling carts to the curb by 6:30 AM on trash day.
- Stickers for additional trash bags may be purchased at Hen House in Corinth Square - 83rd & Mission.
- Yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, sticks/twigs) will be collected all year. You may leave up to ten bags or bundles at the curb.
- All yard waste must be placed in paper bags. Plastic bags are not permitted. Containers may be used if marked “yard waste”.
- Sticks/twigs must be tied in bundles no larger than 24 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length with a maximum weight of 60 pounds.
If you have questions please contact WCA at (816)380-5595
or Home Association Solutions at 913-825-0001
Recycling bins are provided by WCA Disposal. Accepted materials include advertising flyers, inserts, catalogs, cartons, chipboard (cereal, shoe, gift tissue boxes) newspapers, aluminum and tin cans, plastics etc. Please rinse items before placing in the recycling bin. Paper materials are best placed in a paper grocery sack inside the bin.
Unacceptable recycling materials include ALL GLASS, drink pouches, egg cartons, used paper plates, cereal or cake box liner bags, plastic lids, 6-pack beverage holders, scrap metal, tissue paper. Heavy cardboard is not recyclable at this time and will be collected with trash.
Yard Waste Composting
It’s estimated that the Leawood Estates Homes Association produces over 450 tons of yard waste and leaves each year. We are proud to offer a full composting service for yard waste. This service will help prevent filling landfills with leaves and compostable materials.
No Plastic Bags in Yard Waste
Since we compost the yard waste, no plastic bags will be accepted that contain yard waste. Plastic bags can still be used for household trash. Yard waste including grass clipping, weeds, leaves and plant materials should be placed in approved paper recycling bags –or- in a 60-gallon barrels. Brush and branches must not exceed 5 feet in length and 2 foot in width and be bound for easy collection. A combined limit total of 10 bags or bundles per week applies. Weight not to exceed 60 pounds. Please place the yard waste on the opposite side of the driveway from the trash for easy collection.
Bulk Item Pickup
There will be one bulk item pick-up per household included in the monthly trash collection. Please contact WCA Disposal at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled collection day to notify them that you will be placing a large item at the curb for pick-up.
Special Item and Appliance Pick-up
Please remember large appliances -dishwashers, washers, dryers or water heaters are NOT included in the monthly bulk items. These items can be collected for an additional fee on a date of your choice. Call WCA Disposal (816) 380-5234 for details.